Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Taking Advantage of others

One way or the other, we stand to take the advantage of others, knowingly or unknowingly. In the course of my life, I had learned that if you dont have a hard stern on some matters of life, people will take advantage of you. If you have a weakness, they will take advantage of you as long as your way of life will help them in their selfish interest, they will take advantage of you.
Now, there is this general saying that people used to say, I am me.  To me, it is the best way to live one's life. Be yourself, even if what you get from it is people taking advantage of you, in the end, you will know you live your life a fulfilled man.
One noticeable traits about my life is that, I had never and ever make a mockery of my friendship with women, to the extent that I would be taking advantage of them, I let them take advantage of me, and unknown to them, it gives me great satisfaction, and it pleased my conscience than me getting away with a seeming action of mine that would seem like I took advantage of them. The same with my fellow men.
My reader may pause and ponder whether this is right or wrong of me, but the truth is that, I am me, and I enjoyed being me.

No comments: