Monday, June 25, 2007

Still Gunners for Life?

Of course, it is still a shock to some of us Arsenal Fans that our talismanic Striker, the Igwe himself, the slippery forward and of course the goal scoring king of Arsenal has left our darling club to another club that play our pattern of free flowing football, Barcelona. No doubt we will all missed him. As he bade farewell to arsenal fans in his interview at arsenal website, I was close to tears when he said these lines of words: “Arsenal will be in my blood as well as my heart. I will always, always, always remember you guys. I said I was going to be a Gunner for life and I did not lie because when you are a Gunner you will always be a Gunner. The Club is in my heart and will remain in my heart forever."
So as he is leaving the club for Barcelona, I ponder aloud as to what become the fans that are mostly fans of Arsenal because of Thiery Henry? The news perhaps is not yet out, but, I foresee Arsene Wenger also leaving the club in a matter of days or month, it will indeed be a miracle if he stay to see the end of his contract which end next year.
That would make an exit too much if Wenger joined Henry in leaving Arsenal. So, to Arsenal fans out there, would the slogan still be Gunners for life? To give my own candid answer, my heart had always been with Arsenal despite the fact that my Idol i.e Kanu Nwankwo left the club, I dont think there would be a different still, if not, than to see that my heart is still with the club that serve Kanu Nwankwo very well, and of course the best foreign Player I had ever loved - Thierry Henry and of course the Coach that make them - Arsene Wenger.
So I said, Gooners for life!!!

No comments: